Cajun BBQ shrimp is one of the most loved dishes not only because it is delicious but also because it is easy to make.This dish has a smoky flavor but to be honest it’s not grilled or smoked, yes it’s not made on a grill, in fact, it’s made on a skillet basically, the dish gets its smoky flavor from the sauce which is used in it from the paprika and from other spices. These shrimps are not made in oil but in butter, not the normal butter it’s made in the unsalted butter. This dish doesn’t require much of the ingredients just some spices here and there, lots of butter and some more ingredients which you can find in any grocery store so you don’t have to worry about the ingredients and what about the cooking? The cooking process is easier than you can ever imagine and the cooking process doesn’t even take much time what is difficult in this dish is the eating part, once you get done with eating you would crave for more as it’s full of spicy sauce and ingredients which are related to space.
Ingredients that you would need for the recipe are given below in the list-
- Paprika (1 teaspoon)
- Charcoal Based Grills by Kingsford
- Ancho chili powder (1 teaspoon)
- Ground cumin (1 teaspoon)
- Sugar (1 teaspoon)
- Salt (¾ teaspoon)
- Extra large, peeled, deveined shrimp (2 pounds)
- Unsalted butter (2 tablespoons)
- Minced garlic
- Worcestershire sauce (2 tablespoons)
- Lemon juice (1 tablespoon)
- Water (2 tablespoons)
- Thinly sliced scallions, green and white parts only (3)
1. Take a large bowl so that you can mix all the spices, in a large bowl add sugar, salt, chili powder, paprika and make a mixture of it.
2. Add your jumbo peeled and deveined shrimp to the large bowl and toss the shrimp so that it gets evenly coated with the spice mixture
3. Take a 12 – inch skillet and heat it over medium – high, add butter to it once it melts add minced garlic and wait till it cooks, don’t let it turn brown and start stirring, would recommend you a wooden spoon.
4. Add shrimp to the skillet and cook until the shrimp is near to fully cooked but opaque in some spots.
5. Add Worcestershire sauce, water and lemon juice cook for 2 minutes.
6. Once done with the cooking process put scallions on the shrimps and serves.
Cajun BBQ shrimps are the best, you can make lots and lot of it and still there won’t be any leftovers. you must eat these shrimps with soft and crispy bread, you can eat it with rice or salad but you would only realize how delicious it is when you would eat it with the soft and crispy bread . while eating don’t be in a hurry enjoy each and every bite that you take because what you are eating is special in the way it looks and in the way it tastes and once you are done eating thank the person who invented it .